Muslim women are everything stereotype-shattering stories of courage, inspiration, and adventure by Seema Yasmin, Fahmida Azim
Winner of the 2020 Best Book Awards in Women’s Issues
A full-color illustrated collection of riveting, inspiring, and stereotype-shattering stories that reveal the beauty, diversity, and strength of Muslim women both past and present.
Tired of seeing Muslim women portrayed as weak, sheltered, and limited, journalist Seema Yasmin reframes how the world sees them, to reveal everything they CAN do and the incredible, stereotype-shattering ways they are doing it.
Featuring 40 full-color illustrations by illustrator Fahmida Azim throughout, Muslim Women Are Everything is a celebration of the ways in which past and present Muslim women from around the world are singing, dancing, reading, writing, laughing, experimenting, driving, and rocking their way into the history books.
Forget subservient, oppressed damsels—say hello to women who are breaking down barriers using their art, their voices, and their activism, including:
- Tesnim Sayar from Denmark, a Muslim goth-punk who wears a red tartan mohawk on top of her hijab
- American superstar singer SZA
- Nura Afia, CoverGirl’s first hijabi ambassador
- Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, America’s first Muslim congresswomen
- Ilyana Insyirah, a hijaab-wearing scuba-diving midwife from Australia
Showcasing women who defy categorization, Muslim Women Are Everything proves that to be Muslim and a woman is to be many things: strong, vulnerable, trans, disabled, funny, entrepreneurial, burqa or bikini clad, and so much more.
- Share your shipping policy
- Share your packaging details